Friday, September 22, 2006

Girl America... Where Art Thou?

Below is an entry I put up on my MySpace account.


Please tell me you agree and that I'm not being prudish in thinking that things have gone too far!!!


Ok, someone PLEASE eplain to me why there are SO many girls who insist on whoring themselves on MySpace?!?!? I mean, really... where is their sense of self-worth and integrity? Why do they INSIST on being seen as nothing more than a boob or a g-string "covered" ass?!?!

Women of the world, we need to stand up for ourselves. It is NOT empowering to flash your hoo-hoo to anyone and everyone. That's just a load of bull some skeezy guy with some amount of clout in the entertainment/marketing industry fooled us into believing.

We are more than the sum of our parts (pardon the pun).

We are beautiful, strong, INTELLIGENT, loving creatures with MINDS, VALID OPINIONS, a VOICE that is worth expressing (more than those lame invitations extended to strangers to oggle you). Yes, our bodies are beautiful things that we should CHERISH. But, how can one cherish herself when she insists on accepting the lies thrown at her from the media and society with their whack ideas of beauty?

It makes me so sad, pissed off and disappointed when I see girls on the internet, on TV, in music videos, and ESPECIALLY in those lame "Girls Gone Wild" videos. The fact that a handful of men are making MILLIONS exploiting stupid, drunk/high girls (incapable of sound judgement) makes me SO livid!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

OK... That is all. I'm through with my rant o' the day.


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. - Psalm 139:14


I made you grow like a plant of the field. You grew up and developed and became the most beautiful of jewels. Your breasts were formed and your hair grew, you who were naked and bare.

" 'Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness. I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Sovereign LORD, and you became mine.

" 'I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was fine flour, honey and olive oil. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD.
- Ezekiel 16:7-14


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Girl, I'm with you. It's truly heart breaking. And the men that exploit and make the money...ughghgh. Rant on!

:)