Thursday, June 14, 2007

On Slowing Down...

The official busy season here at work is drawing to a close (for the time being) and I'm finding myself... well, bored. Useless. Twiddling my thumbs and staring into space.

It's a dangerous place for me - this state of momentary pausing. Too much time and the mind starts to wander. It starts to go to places and dreams for the future. Traverses the past and present circumstances.

I search.
I wander.
I hunt.
And I wonder.

Trying to find your place in this world [that OLD Michael W. Smith songs starts resonating in my head] is a daunting task. I see glimpses of it, yes... but they're so fleeting. Like mosquitoes in those humid summer nights, they flit and flee... zooming by your ear. And when you turn to find them, they're gone... off to haunt another.

buzz...
Huh?
whizz...
Hmm?

Gone.

2 comments:

Allie said...

It'll come.

yellowinter said...

come visit