Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Take me away!!!

I want to run away!

Maybe a nice secluded island where it's warm and the beach is RIGHT there.

Some place where the gentle lapping of the waves will lull me to sleep

and the ebb and flow of those waves will take with them every worry, concern, and hurt burdening my heart...

I want the sun to bathe me in it's warmth.

I want to run away!


But...


I already know that place.
And have been there countless times.
It's deep within me.
Engrained in the very fibers of my being



My Savior has taken me there time and time again



A place where every beat of His heart
and every drop of blood that was shed
washed away all the pain...
and hurt
and tears

Where the Son - through the cross
brought me warmth when the world turned it's cold shoulder to me
and joy when life insisted on tearing me down
vision when I was/am so lost
and peace even when my worrisome heart refuses to believe it

No comments: