Friday, December 09, 2005

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

As tired as I am the cold and BEING cold (already and it's only the beginning of winter!) and as much as I'm dreading the TONS of snow that will undoubtedly fall upon us here in Philly, I can't tell you how much I LOVE SNOW!!!

I love taking a stroll with my dog in the wee hours of the morning when the world is asleep and everywhere there is nothing but SILENCE.

It's a quiet peacefulness that just fills me with a lightness and peace that I can't describe.

It's childish and a bit self-centered, but it's as if God has been waiting for me there in the quiet... waiting to spend some time with me and just me.

There in the quiet, I feel a sense of vulnerability, but, at the same time, confidence.

I feel as though God is calling me into that blissful, pure whiteness; calling me to a time a intimate aloneness with Him.

"I've saved this moment for you, my dear child. I've sent everyone else away. It's just you and me out here."

And as the snow gently falls upon my shoulders,
my head, the ground;
as I watch it quietly blanket the world in PURE, UNADULTERATED, UNTAINTED white,
I am reminded of how my Savior's own UNTAINTED blood and sacrifice
cover over me and my sins,
blanketing them in the PURENESS of His glory and righteousness
He falls upon me
covering me with His peace
His calm
His care.

1 comment:

younghotelier said...

Hey you got "let it snow" posted twice! I didn't know you had blog! Oh man,,,,I had blast too. We should definitely celebrate your bithday together as well. I'll make sure not to go to the bathroom together this time. puhahaha... > <