Sunday, September 23, 2007

Squeaky clean

This past week Jews all around the world observed Yom Kippur, "Day of Atonement." It's the most holiest day n the Tishri, a day when man "afflicts his soul" to reconcile himself to God. It's the last and final opportunity to wipe the slate clean as one enters the new year.

Our office manager at work explained it to me this way:
It's when all your sins are atoned for... then everything is shot to hell. Literally.

It broke my heart when she said that.

My day of atonement began before my creation, on an old rugged cross where my Savior and King took upon Himself my afflictions, my sins, my curse. And by His perfect sacrifice I have been completely reconciled to God.

There is no shame.
No question of my salvation or status with God.
No fear.

I belong
I am a child of the Father of Lights
I am renewed
Clean
Free

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:] that was beautiful annie!