Thursday, October 11, 2007

"I'm finding myself at a loss for words..."

I'm finding myself in a somber mood. I blame the gray skies overhead these past few days.

Today I listened to a familiar song and it tugged at heartstrings I thought I'd pulled taught.

They let loose; I unraveled.

I am still unraveling as I take in more words, more thoughts.

I am thankful yet disheartened. Confident yet stepping away from the ledge. Hopeful in my lonesome state.

I breath in. I breathe out. Hopefully, each breath will bring me that much closer to life again.

I am coming out of this self-induced coma. I'm hoping and reaching for the light.




"I'm finding myself at a loss for words, but the funny this is, it's alright."

1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

The grey skies are really a challenge for me as we head into fall. I don't want to be swept into somber moods until March. This summer has been such a great time of soul searching and beauty spelunking, so I'm nervous about the onset of dark days and rainclouds.

Be encouraged. I think that somehow, as the strings unravel, or in many cases, crack and break--I think that we get to trade them in for new ones. And for awhile, the song is missing a few notes, because the instrument is missing some strings, but then, when we lease expect it, the string comes back in new and rare form, with brilliance. Our hearts come back in rare form, too.

After a few painful tugs.