Tuesday, October 30, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours...

I tried to hide behind my stone wall
But you could see the tiny cracks
They deceived my stoic posture

I desperately tried to plug the leaking holes
But the dam let loose
The pent up emotions rushed out

The forecast called for clear skies tonight
But inside it poured

With bloodshot eyes I walk to my car
The bell tolled

I walked past a homeless couple bundled up, fighting the cold air
I, too, attempted to gather myself,
Wrapping my unraveled composure about me
Fighting the ambush of hot tears running down a stone face

I was soaked

The forecast called for clear skies
But inside, inside it poured

D

i

s

c

o

n

t

e

n

t


P
a
i
n

A

n

g

e

r



F

r

u

s

t

r

a

t

i

o

n



My heart deceived me

1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

"The forecast called for clear skies tonight
But inside, it poured"


Beautifully said.
The last line...a killer.