Friday, November 02, 2007

My Mama Ain't Raise No Fool...

That, unfortunately, is not a universal statement.



Both the Office Manager and I had our heads ripped off by 2 lovely "gentleman" about matters not involving us which were out of our hands and realm of responsibility.

Evil men. Spiteful. Bitter. Vindictive. Threatening. Irrational (as my friend so happily reminded me).

One called me a phony, implying I was lying to him.

And I'm wondering, Why did his words cut through me like they did? Why am I so enraged and wanting to kick something in protest?

He questioned my intregrity, my values. The core of who I am (or strive to be).

Unfounded. Beligerant. Hurtful. Judging. Bad, bad man.

Just let it run off your back. He was wrong and you know it. That's all that counts.

To be graceful and courteous when your blood is boiling... it's possibly the hardest thing to do.



[Fuming]


[Panting]


Just breathe...

1 comment:

Allie said...

That's why I hate dealing with the public. You have to grow a thick skin. YOu are beautiful and a woman with great morals and integrity. Don't let them get to you.