Monday, November 05, 2007

What a Difference a [Year] Makes

Today (Sunday, November 4th) was my mother's birthday.

As crazy as she makes me (enough to run screaming in the opposite direction) - and as hurtful as she can be in her weird Korean way of showing love - I'm thankful to God for pulling her through another year.

This time last year we were celebrating her birthday as she lay in bed in a hospital room due to what we would later find out were complications stemming from a bad liver infection.

She is still in recovery a year later, but healthier and getting stronger each day.

In hindsight, guess I should be happy she's nagging the crap out of me these days. It's a surefire sign that she's almost back to normal.



Here's to a better and healthier new year...

1 comment:

Allie said...

so sweet!!