Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Storm's a Brewin'

After the goings on at work today, I'm nearly positive that my time there is coming to an end. It's been a daily concern lately, wondering when I'll be called into the director's office and told that they won't be needing me to come in anymore. Looking at my paltry "savings" and wondering how long I can realistically "live" here before I start making plans to move back home where I will be in the same situation I am now, but living rent free.

I am physically queasy. My innards are nervous and knotted. I want to rip my skin off because all of this discomfort.

Tonight as I lay here on my bed, the fear and worries molesting every part of my heart, mind and soul, it rains. A storm has been brewing all day and the clouds have finally released their tears. The sky is grumbling as lightning plays a game of peek-a-boo behind heavy blue-gray clouds.

Part of me wants to go and stand in the middle of the storm -- to be physically and emotionally drenched. I want the outpouring of heaven to wash away all these fears.

I have no idea what to make of this, nor what tomorrow will hold. And, quite honestly, I hate it!

It's sink or swim, fight or flight time and all I'm feeling is defeated, deflated and discouraged beyond belief.

If you're in a praying mood... now is the time.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i'm sorry, what a bum situation. it scary to look into the future without the slightest hint of what the next week or day holds.

i'll be praying for your working situation and the decisions that may arise about moving or staying.

just remember that you are blessed and loved and our God is mighty to save.

Annibelle said...

Thanks, Shannon. It's odd how comforting it is to know people are praying for you... even from hundreds of miles away.

He is mighty to save, indeed. I'm pray for some heroic gestures of clarity and blunt proclamations.