Saturday, June 26, 2010

Auf Weidersehen. Adieu.

Yesterday I watched as the last of the people in my section of the company said their farewells. It's a sad thing to watch colleagues (friends) pack up their things and leave. It's sadder still knowing they had no choice in the matter -- the unfortunate side of company downsizing.

And, while I remain, I wonder at my longevity here, in this city and at this company. I wonder if I'll have a say when it's my time to leave or if, like them, I'll be told that "there's nothing left for you here."

This afternoon I head down to East Nashville for the third time this week to hang out with one of my friends who is leaving for Portland, OR in a matter of days. I'm trying to prepare myself so I won't cry, but who knows what's to happen.

I really hate good-byes...

No comments: