Sunday, June 27, 2010

Contemplation is Name of the Game

At Waterloo, the English troops obeying orders fell on their faces for a time and let the hot fire of the French artillery pass over them. Then they sprang to their feet and rushed to the thickest of the fight and beat back their foes. The Lord wants His people flat on their faces, before they attempt to meet the great crises of life. - A.T. Pierson


God's people are always in process. Jim's closing words today at church. They're still ringing in my ears right now as I sit here typing...

I'm realizing that I've spent far too much time pacing back and forth or tapping my foot impatiently waiting on the Lord to give me the things I want (the things I "need"). Job security. Financial security. A love life. Marriage. Children. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Maybe it's time I stop and stare at bit more at the Cross and less in the mirror...

No comments: