Monday, October 02, 2006

[My] Hair [Was] Everywhere...

Yup, I got my hair cut on Friday. Partly because I was bored and partly (well, mostly) because it was getting so heavy. [I know there are some out there who love thick, luxurious, Pantene Shampoo commercial hair, but, seriously, it was getting to a point where it was starting to put a strain on my neck and shoulders. But I digress...]

So, I went to this Korean "salon." I had went there in March (yes, I waited a whole 6 months!) and LOVED the cut the stylist gave me. [Her approach was a little Edward Scissorhands-esque, but she was fast and awesome!] But, when I walked in, she was no where to be found. I had heard rumours that she got married (haha... maybe she's lounging under a cabana, mai thai in hand, laughing at my expense... RATS!!!) The only stylist present was a 40-ish woman I had never seen before. I didn't want to appear rude and hurt her feelings by asking, "Excuse, but could you tell me if the YOUNGER woman is working today?" so, I complied, and quietly sat in a chair.

Anxiety filled my mind, my head, my fingers and toes... I wondered if i had made the decision to cut my hair in haste, but it was too late... she was coming toward me ready to do with me what she will/would...

Long story short... I AM NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!!! MY hair looks like a cross between a really bad Rachel cut and a grown-out mullet. [To visualize: Imagine someone wearling a motorcycly helmet covered in hair (yeah, I know gross) with some of her own longish hair sticking out from underneath... yup, that pretty much is what I'll be suffering with for at least the next few weeks.] So, in the meantime, my hair will be recuperating in a 24/7 ponytail or chignon - a "bun" for you male readers who are wondering what a CHIG-NUN is (BTW, it's pronounced shinyon... or something like that).

Haha... I realize that I sound like a total self-evolved, shallow, vain princess. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

3 comments:

Allie said...

I had that exact hair cut from a korean ajumae! It's a nightmare. I know. Thank goodness hair grows. Yes, must put hair up until it grows out and you can even it out.

yellowinter said...

ahhh, korean ah-jum-ma's... i would like to see a picture, but i guess you wouldn't want that. could it be fixed at somewhere else? hope it'll grow out soon. wish i knew who to tell you to go. i did like l'etoile in jenkintown, but there are so many stylists...

RBK said...

i'm sure you don't look THAT bad... but i do feel for you. i had one bad experience a korean place and i will never ever go back to a korean lady for a haircut... EVER!