Monday, August 20, 2007

I REALLY am special, just let me show you how much!

Last week, as my coworker and I took another breather to chat while the boss was out of town, she told me about the little "presents" her golden retriever pup, Tango, had left her.

She shared how after he had spent much of the afternoon running around the yard with his brother, Tango stumbled upon a foreign hole, the contents of which he thought were worth sharing. So, when my coworker called "the boys" in, she was horrified at the "gifts" Tango had brought her - 3 tiny little bunny babies, half-dead.



It seems little Tango wanted to show his mommy just how much he loves her...



Yesterday at church, the pastor spoke on Galations 1:1-5. He vehemently attempted to remind us that God's grace and Christ's sacrifice are enough. That we needn't let the burden of sin consume us because we were/are free, FREE in Christ.

It was a comfort to be reminded of that... to let the message of grace consume my guilt at not being or doing what is considered "right" in my own shallow faith. And as I sat and listened, encouraged by the fact that I had NO part in my salvation apart from Christ, I was reminded of poor little Tango.

Too many times in my life, I have been hard-pressed to show God how thankful and appreciative I am - serving here, sacrificing there - but always fearful that it wasn't enough. Like Tango, I kept trying to bring my soiled, yet well-intentioned gifts to the throne when all He wanted was me. My devotion. My faith in Him. Me.

Just me.



I think I'll let my heart chew on that bone some more...


1 comment:

yellowinter said...

hmmm... thanks for the reminder. grace alone indeed...
oh, how we are driven by guilt...