Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Fear You'll Leave

I had a dream the other day.

Yes, I realize this is no monumental feat since we all dream, but you must understand this: I rarely remember my dreams. They're too clouded by shear exhaustion, victims to a brain and memory that go on strike each night. The ones I do remember, however, haunt me. They linger and stake their claim to my days. Like a gnat searching for warmth, they stay close and pester me.


I dreamt I was married. Living a quiet life with my husband out in the old prairies. Making a home of our modest abode.

My Mr. was kind and handsome, tall and fit. He had a warm demeanor and there was a gentleness in his eyes. When he held me, the world melted away. I felt secure. Safe. Confident.

But it was when I wasn't in his arms, that my insecurities raised their hell.

I worried if he loved me. I was scared that he didn't care or find me desirable anymore.

I could see my anxiety wear away at his patience and yet I couldn't shake this plague of thoughts. It came to a point where he would hold me once again, wipe the tears and kiss my forehead, and yet, my doubt wouldn't subside.

I woke up at this point and that feeling of inadeqacy and self-doubt lingered. I have felt the weight of the world on my shoulders once again as my heart did it's bidding.

I'm afraid that this week my heart is up to no good...

No comments: