Wednesday, February 06, 2008

(Un)Unthankful

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
- Psalm 5:11, NLV

I read this last night before I lay myself down to sleep.



... That all who love your name may be filled with joy. I thought about my previous posts, my life til now, and regret filled my heart. I have lived ungratefully. True, storm clouds befall us and things won't go our way, but in light of the love and acceptance of God, these things fade. They are specks in an infinite mosaic of beauty. A comma in a grand epic penned by mighty hands. They are nothing. Incomparable.

If I do indeed believe that my Father loves me, and that His Son had spread His arms upon the slintered tree, than should I not live in gratitude? Should I not marvel at the saving grace offered to one so undeserving? Should not my heart leap, my head bow in humble thanks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.