Thursday, August 07, 2008

Olympic Trials (08.08.08)

While most of the world anticipates tomorrow night's opening of the 2008 Olympic Games, I lay here on my couch, sore and spent. I have been hand-painting champagne flutes with the Olympic rings and the "lucky" date of 08.08.08. Nearly 6 hours of repetitive circles of gold.

For a better part of the day I was an elfin slave locked away in the conference room, hunched over glass flutes THIS close to my face as I gilded them with rings of gold.

My shoulder is sore, as is my right wrist, which had to hyperextend itself so I could rest the lower part of my palm on the convex glass/stem. HOWEVUH, my eyes, to my surprise, have neither permanently crossed as I had feared nor fallen out of my head from straining so hard. Glory, glory!

I was intending on meeting up with an old friend and her sister at the "urban" Bally's by us after a very quick "breakfast for dindin", but, instead, fell asleep STANDING UP, my body bent to a perfect right angle as I lay across my mother's bed. When I woke up, my calves and hamstrings were burning and my head pounding.

So, there will be no running or ellipticalling or crunching or weight-training. Instead, I will probably continue to lay here for a spell, pop some Advil, watch some TV and continue reading my current book on queue, "Same Kind of Different As Me."

No comments: