Saturday, August 05, 2006

Home
















An awkward silence fills the room
A fog surrounds
Tears of sorrow and joy collide
In mourning theirs is peace
She is home now
Truly home
She has come to the end of her road here
The end of this road
And she has found herself at last
There in the place where she belongs
She is home.
I know she is happy
He came to set her free
He touched her
Released her from her pain
Took her hand and led her out of the darkness
Into His marvelous light
I know all of heaven rejoiced
As this angel on earth
This quiet devoted spirit
Stepped through the gates of splendor
Took in her first breaths of freedom
Vision becoming clearer
She sees she is where she was always meant to be
He turns to welcome her
She bows heart and head to the ground
He lifts her head
Embraces her
Lifts her high in His arms
For all of heaven to see
And yells in utter abandon
"My daughter is finally home
She is finally here with me"
"I've waited so long," He confesses
Speechless she begins to tear
Could God Himself have desired me this much?
"Yes, of course I have and do still," He whispers
So no one else can hear
She knows now the meaning of it all
All the pain and sorrow
Have prepared her for this moment
When completely she realizes
At last, I am truly home.

No comments: