Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Immodium-AD(D)

I hate it when I can't find a way to like someone. It makes me feel icky.

There's this new woman at work. She's loud. OBNOXIOUSLY loud. She used to have her own catering company, but it fell through a few years ago.

My problem with her is this: She has the worst case of verbal diarrhea I have ever witnessed. Moreso than my boss. She talks. A lot. On and on and on and on. Mostly about herself. What she used to do when she ran her company. How things are so different (and thus stupid) here than they were at her company. How she knows everyone on the eastern seaboard.

She's taken credit for work not done on her own. Attempts to boss around the OM and I and have us do all her work. Often times I think she's forgotten that she's no longer the employer, but an employee... just like the rest of us.

Did I mention she talks? A LOT. And very loudly. Her constant words and volume of voice leave me mentally exhausted, head reeling. My brain and ears ache at the end of each day.

It's nearly 6. I have a bit more to type up in this proposal, but I think I'll call it a day. I'm going home to my quiet room to go hide under my covers and rest... in silence. My ears and head are do for a few moments of peace before small group tonight.

EDIT:: I went to Small Group (after resting my ears at home for an hour) and, lo and behold, the night's lesson was "Resolving Conflict." Sometimes God has a funny way of speaking into our hearts and present situations...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

HAHA!!! I love the very first sentence of this post. I know exactly how you feel. xo