Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ugh... Pride and Prejudice and Everything in Between

My good opinion once lost, is lost forever.
- Mr. Darcy (aka... my McDreamy)


If you've read the last post, you know the most recent goings on at work.

But, yesterday, with this week's challenge to resolve conflicts in our lives as an act of love still ringing in my ears, I was confronted with my "problem child" again. She was talking to another co-worker (fine). Who was in her office (also fine). Instead of going into the office to speak with her, Ms. Loud, decided she would stay just outside of the OM's office and continue their conversation while she stood at my desk. This would have been fine had it not been for the fact that a client had just rang. I had to repeatedly ask this patient gentleman to repeat himself as I couldn't hear him over her. I finally had to resort to calling out her name and giving her a stern look. I felt like my 2nd grade teacher, trying to get the attention of Timothy, the token loud-mouth and class pest.

At the end of the day, the OM came and told me that she's given our new co-worker a second chance. "T's alright. She's calmed down and is trying." I could hear in her voice a subliminal message to wipe the slate clean as well. But it's not always that easy for me. I'd like to say I give people the benefit of the doubt. A second and third chance. However, should my "kindness" or patience be worn thin and no attempts are made by the other party, it's often very hard to win back my favor. I hate this about me.

Jesus said to forgive your neighbor seventy-seven times. Why is it that I can't even meet half that?

Lord, teach me to forgive, and in forgiving, love as you have loved (and forgiven) me.

No comments: