Tuesday, March 25, 2008

L'enfant

Last night I slept like a baby... "litrally" (as AllieD always puts it).

  • Ate dinner.
  • Fell asleep for 4 hours.
  • Woke up and entertained myself 'til about 3am.
  • Went back to sleep.
  • And finally woke up this morning at about 8:15.

This, unfortunately, has become routine for the past week as I've fought (and lost to) bouts of insomnia.

But, to my surprise and amazement, I wasn't groggy or irritable at work. And, thankfully, the boss was in a rather chipper mood. (Looking forward to his day off with the grandkids no doubt.)

When I came home, I lay in bed. It was the first time all day that my head started to spin. I contemplated skipping my Tuesday gym-time to sleep (which I did all last week). But, despite me, I went.

I stretched my body, pulling out the kinks and stiffness from Sunday's flag football practice. I walked around the track, preparing for the discipline I was to inflict on it in the coming minutes. Jay-Z blasting through my earphones, I ran (as much as I could bare). Feet keeping time with the beat's loop.

Running. Lifting. Running. Crunching. Pant-ing. Run-ning. Pant--ing. Crunch--ing.

I stopped just short of the 2-hour mark when the dizzy spells returned. The body had had enough. I conceded, called a truce, stretched and went home.

My shins are burning.





And now these sleepy eyes tell me it's due time to hit the hay... *yawn*



Good night moon, Good night stars
Good night friends both near and far...

2 comments:

Allie, Dearest said...

I totally have had insomnia lately.

I mean, it's almost 2am right now and i'm not even tired.

Sheesh.

I did bleach my hair again tonight.
Like REALLY bleach.

Sca-ry.

yellowinter said...

sorta sounds like my routine lately. been waking up in the middle of the night too, although i've refrained from entertaining myself, mainly because i know that my l'enfant will surely need me at 7:15 sharp. :)
i applaud your discipline to go work out for TWO WHOLE hours with such lack of sleep. WOW!!!!
make sure your drink your fluids and eat enough. are you anemic? sorry. my mama side kicking into gear here. ;)
hey, when are we gonna get together? i need some A time. :)