Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Grapevine It

A friend of mine was recently engaged. The funny thing is: she was hesitant to tell people. Afraid that people would accuse her of bragging.

I found out just the other day while we were at football practice when the other girls were making vague comments. I had to put 2 and 2 together, but still wasn't sure until I confirmed it with her over gChat yesterday.

Had it been me, I think I would have called my closest friends and then maybe emailed the "B" group (if there is such a thing). Aren't we as a body of believer supposed to share not only in our sufferings, but in our times of joy, too?

I dunno. Maybe sometimes life calls for some grapevining...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good thoughts!! I dunno. I think I've mellowed out a bit in terms of the whole engagement thing. That's not to say that I won't be trilled if I ever get engaged, but do you remember how you might have acted as a 22-year-old as opposed to a 28-year-old (or older?) For me, if I would've been engaged as a 22-yr-old I would've told EVERYONE. Now (or in five+ years) it'll be close friends, family, church family...and then the grapevine ;) Of course, with MyFace/SpaceBook, things travel much more quickly! xoxo

How're you feeling??

yellowinter said...

yeah, i think we are called to a life that is interlocked, interwoven, enough so that one doesn't know where one ends and another begins. that does call for sharing joyful, as well as painful experiences. but i understand that some people just don't like to be center of attention and would do anything to shy away from that.