Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pollen-Nation

I have been in a daze for a better part of the morning.  It made paying attention to today's message quite a daunting task.  Conversations with friends has been a challenge as I'm not able to focus for more than 15-20 seconds at a time...  

It feels as if the whole world is resting on the top of my brain, over my eyes and face.  And as I lay here, I feel a disconnect - as if my body is sinking into the couch and my conscience upwards toward the ceiling...  My mind is cobwebby and unfocused like I've drunk too much wine, my body is oddly humming in a low, hypnotic frequency only I can hear...

If this is what happens when one has an allergy attack, I'd rather do without, thank you.

2 comments:

yellowinter said...

it's truly awful... i think philly must be worse than boston with this whole pollen business. you MUST arm yourself with antihistamines, dear. if all else fails, go talk to your doc for some steroids. flonase works wonders for me.

Rebecca said...

Allegra D. I swear by it. But oh my, you described my allergy symptoms soooo well. Sorry to hear you're suffering from it, too. :( Boo.