Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fast Food

Today (Thursday, September 11th) my entire church is fasting. We're asking God to rebuild this city and use us, His bride.

The thing is: I work for a catering company. The kitchen is on site. The perfume of spices, the fragrance of meats grilling and caramelizing fill the air. I am growing faint/crazy with hunger. In an hour or so, I'm pretty sure I'll be lurking around like some rabid dog, a look of crazed delerium on my face, a blank, googly-eye look in my eyes.

*sigh*

It's going to be a long day. Literally. I've been called to rep for MOCHA tonight and probably won't be home till about 11:30pm or so. [Lord, help me!]

I just hope my brain and the synapses between it, my mouth and conscious remain intact long enough, so that I'm not some driveling idiot tonight.

Today, coffee will be my drug of choice. Lots and lots of coffee.

Oh, Lord, help me... It's going to be a very. long. day.

EDIT: I survived an entire day of fasting... Thank you, Lord. Thank you for coffee and water and Kombucha's mysterious entities that rev-ed up the ol' system and saw me through to the end of the show last night.

I bought food on my way home. I will not divulge from where to spare my thighs and tummy the guilt. Suffice it to say, the "golden arches" were involved. Waited til past midnight like the good, little Cinderella that I am, and ate. It was not as satisfying as I thought it would be (at 12:15am).

Today, I am bloated and unfocused.

And, I want a cookie.



1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

Oh you poor girl!!

I feel for ya. All of that yummy kosher food.