Friday, September 05, 2008

TGIF (Thank God It's Friday!!!)

I am groggy. Tired.

My brain hurts.

Last night I passed out shortly after 3am, while in the midst of meditating/praying over Proverbs 4. An hour or so later I awoke, dazed and confused and fumbling towards the door to turn off the light switch. I stumbled towards my bed to crash for the night, only to be stirred awake by a strange rattling and banging and closing of an old and heavy car door. Dizzy, I peered out my bedroom window to find to men in the back alley, packing up an old pick-up truck, making no attempts at courtesy to an entire city block of sleeping people. I glared at them, cursing them with my dizzy, fuzzy thought and followed them as they packed themselves into the truck and drove away.

It's now 10:30am. There is a slow, numbing throbbing in my head and down the side of my neck. I feel especially heavy and rusted - like an engine in dire need of a tune-up. [Reminder to self: Dino needs an oil change and tire rotation. AND, you're out of toothpaste.]

Thank God it's Friday!

No comments: