Thursday, January 10, 2008

[Lord] You Give Me Fever...

... in the [very early] morning.

Yesterday was exhausting.

  • woke up at 6:50am from a very poor night of sleep
  • went to work at 8:15am to finish up a proposal I was to deliver downtown by 9am with boss (who decided to take his time getting to work and didn't show up until close to 10am)
  • frantically edited cover letter and menu for client then raced down into the city to hand-deliver said proposal, arriving at her office at 11am (2 hrs after my boss had promised her)
  • drove way out into parts west of the city known as the MainLine area where I had to by pounds of chocolate and flowers for an event later that night
  • returned to the office at 1pm at which time I had a brief meeting with my boss and the event's captain, before racing around to get our gear for the evening together
  • left the office at 3
  • picked up more stuff for the event and finally headed to the event at our local PBS station
  • helped set up
  • changed clothes and got gussied up
  • stood around and catered to the 150+ guests... in 3-inch heels(!)
  • cleaned up and packed our truck
  • grabbed Maoz falafel
  • arrived home at around 10:30pm
  • ate too fast and drank too much water (result: bad tummy ache)
  • passed out on bed for a "30-minute nap" which ended up being 2-hours long (oops!)

However, when I finally awoke from my "nap," I had this feverish urge to pray that I couldn't shake off. So, I did... in a half-just-woke-up delerium. I prayed for everyone my little tired brain could think of at 3am:

  • all the Allies, Vanessas Steves in my life
  • Mia and her mom
  • Esther
  • Sarah
  • Michael
  • Sudan and Kenya
  • My mom's health and the future of her business
  • My 2 younger girl cousins
  • Anna and the homeless ministry
  • Stacy
  • Susan
  • Erin
  • Melissa and her family
  • Jin and Sujin's family
  • Pastor Steve, his wife and her health
  • Mindy and Bon
  • guidance in finding a place to worship/serve/grow in
  • Aaaaaand... then I think I fell asleep again. (oops!)
Getting up this morning was rough, but there was a peace in my soul today. Maybe it was that I was thinking of (praying for) someone other than myself. Maybe it was that I was taking the first steps in a long while to heed to God's voice and not my own. I dunno. All I do know is that: a) italicizing is the IN thing to do today; and b.) if you're gonna fall asleep at the wheel at anytime in your life, it'd best be when you're steering that big Mac truck called prayer. (What? I've no idea what that last part is supposed to mean).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.