Friday, January 04, 2008

Star Trek(king)

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. - Genesis 1:3, 4 NIV


Just got back from my 10-minute excursion into the bitter cold to catch a the start of tonight's meteor shower. It was said that this one in particular would be the most intense.

I don't know.

I knew in my head that I probably wouldn't see anything since I live in the city where artificial lights are always present. I think I might have seen 3 falling stars. (Either that or my eyes decided to fool me in hopes that they'd be allowed they're much needed rest)

But as I stood out there - amidst Cassiopeia in all her glory - a thought came to me:
Despite however hard we try to bring light to our own worlds, God's will outshine ours for all eternity. And no matter how dark the situations in our lives may seem, our Loving Father's glory will illumine our path always.

The stars will fade and pass. They will fall from their esteemed places, but the Creator who assigned each one its place is forever faithful and will keep close to His children.

Lord, light our paths each day.
Let your glory shine in us.
Let it chase away the darkness,
and fill the voids




No comments: