Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What Would You Do?

Last night I spent 4 hours watching movies on one of those Christian networks. Though neither movie would have garnered Oscar-acclaim, they were interesting nonetheless.

The first to watch was "One Night With the King" ~ a movie I'd heard about last year and had wanted to watch. It loosely told of the story of Queen Esther. An orphaned Jew who would one day become a persian queen and help save her people from death and bring peace.

Shortly after "Perfect Stranger" came on. It was a low-budget movie about an embittered woman who received a dinner invitation from Jesus.

When I'd finished watching both movies, a thought lingered within me:

What would I do if I had my one night with my king?
What words would I say to show my devotion? My love?
Would I cry, speechless at the beauty of Him?
When His gaze caught mine, what would I see in Him?
What would He see in me?

What would I do with my one night with Him?

I'm slowly on may way back, stumbling as I go along, but I pray these moments with Him (in His word) would continue. Last night I started with Proverbs. 31 chapters for 31 days.

Let's hope and pray for many more nights like these, more nights with my king.

No comments: