Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sleepless in Philadelphia

I went to bed at my normal hour (2:15am). Unfortunately, I was startled awake a mere 3 hours later, jostled by a mind that had decidedly become aware of all the problems I'd thought I'd packed away for the night:

  • Mom's financial woes - the reality that she may have to file for bankruptcy if business doesn't pick up.
  • Mom's (failing) health, exacerbated by the above financial straints
  • My unhappiness at work and in life
  • My wanting (and needing) to move away, so I can finally breathe, but feeling chained here because of family obligation (refer to 1 and 2 of list)
  • Guilt over the growing resentment that boils inside me at any given moment
  • Wondering about what lies ahead and wishing for signs of life
  • An odd sense of envy as I watch (from afar) as others find themselves on the other side of the rainbow while I sit in the gloom of rainstorms
I know there is Rest here, somewhere in the midst of all of this. I just wish someone would MapQuest it for me...

No comments: