Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Faith without deeds is dead..."

My heart stopped as I heard these words in one of my favorite songs, Albertine by the lovely and sweet Brooke Fraser. It's one of those songs that brings tears to my eyes and deepens my conviction to one day go to Africa and reach out to the broken there.

I will strive to live by those 5 words. I will challenge myself to follow in the steps of Mother Teresa who said,
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.


I hope and pray God's influence and grace will wear away at this desire within me to be great and do great. That He will make malleable that which is so concrete and stubborn about me.


Faith without deeds is dead.
Things done in vain are worthless.


We are to live for Him.
Live love.
Be love for the world.

Live love.
Be love.






1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

Ah! Brooke is AWESOME. And that song is amazing. I heard it, too, and that line sticks out so much. All of her songs make me want to sing along!

I guess the new year beginning is a great time to think about making changes and being deliberate. It's good for us.