Friday, December 21, 2007

Meet Jo(seph) Black?

Tonight I watched "The Nativity Story"... for the third time.

It's sad to realize how easily we all forget the true meaning of Christmas.
It was (is) a beautiful one that brings tears to the eyes and a sense of wonderment to the soul.





As I watched the film, I couldn't help but be mesmerized (that's not the right word, but it's late and I don't wanna think of another one) by the portrayal of Joseph. I thought to myself,
I want to marry a guy like Joseph!
Someone kind and selfless with a gentle spirit.
Someone who'll protect and look after the welfare of his family.
Someone with a quiet strength who will rise to the occasion when necessary.
Someone who will stand strong in his faith and lead his family to do the same.
Someone who will live by the sweat of his brow with steadfast integrity.
I want to see tenderness and joy in his eyes and see the twinkle in his eyes when he smiles
I want my heart to warm when he laughs

It would be even better if he was a little artsy, scruffy, played the guitar and wrote me songs, too. And if he had a heart for the needs of the broken... he'd be perfect!

Haha... I'm not being picky at ALL!


1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

No, but seriously. I saw that movie and I was like, "This guy is SO AWESOME!" He was handsome and kind, giving and generous. Everything you mentioned. I mean, it wouldn't of hurt if he had brought out an olden banjo and started singing Psalms to the Lord.

But...whatever.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that.