Sunday, December 02, 2007

Peace Pipes and White Flags

To update the 2 of you who read this:

I gathered up all my courage and confronted my mom.

There were tears... all mine, of course (I HATE confrontation or causing discomfort)

She spoke her mind. Shared how she was disappointed and shocked that I could behave the way I did.

We both realized our wrongs. We both apologized. (Again, I cried)

I expressed my feelings of hurt, manipulation, and entrapment; finally shared all the hurt and burdens I've been carrying with me for the past year; and expressed my intentions to see change happen.

I hope she's beginning to see my point of view and will allow me room to breathe and make my own mistakes. We both realized we need to trust God more - she with my life and myself with my relationships (with her and others).

To those who prayed for reconciliation, THANK YOU.

1 comment:

yellowinter said...

glad to hear that you had a time to talk with your mom. i'm excited for the upcoming spring for the many wonderful changes that come your way. the Lord will surely be faithful.
hey, where are you going to church? we've settled at tenth. let us know if you want to join.